Thursday, May 5, 2011

Music Composition Program Week 8 - 12

It's been a long time. To be honest I've lost count to the weekly basis material for this class. So I'll just sum it up. In these past few weeks I've been learning about Brass Section and Percussion (which I missed both of the classes due to overslept -__-"). And a few tricks about using Sibellius (a software to make a score).

And we assigned to make an arrangement for "The Simpsons" theme using only Brass Section and Percussion. Well I looove The Simpsons. And also the theme song. But I knew that this would be a hard one.


After the Brass Section class was over, we got to make the song using only Brass Section instruments. Then we got to add the percussion after the Percussion class was over. Since I didn't come to the classes, so it was quite hard for me to work on it.

I used the basic Brass Section instrumentation with 2 Trumpets, 4 French Horn, 3 Trombone and 1 Tuba. For the percussion I used Timpani, Harp, Woodblock, and Xylophone. It didn't sound very fancy because I think I didn't use the percussion very well to give the mood. And I should work better on the dynamics.

Okay here goes :


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment