Sunday, March 13, 2011

Music Composition Program Week 5

Why week 5? Because at week 4 my class was discussing about my homework. I had some corrections for my previous homework especially in term of how to write slur in my score.

In week 5 I learned about woodwinds. I only attended the class for 1 hour because I have another activity with my band. So i don't have much to share. And it reflected in my homework. It didn't sound so good. Hahaha, sorry.

What I can share is Woodwinds are instrument for orchestra made from wood. The instruments are Flute, Picollo, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet, and Bassoon. The sound made from woodwinds is like, how can i describe it, hmm maybe "Warm". Unlike brass section that is produce more "Hit" Sound.

This is the range for each instrument in woodwinds.

Like i've said before. Maybe only this that I can share to you. Next is my homework. It is a composition titled "Serenade" that I made the orchestration.


I'm not too confident about the arrangement actually. But hope you enjoy :))




No comments:

Post a Comment